A List Of Excellent Narrative Essay Topics
When you are asked to write a narrative, it is a story about yourself. You want your reader to get to know who you are as a person through your writing. You can successfully accomplish this task if you are able to clearly tell your story using your personality. This should not be just a list of events. Let your readers “smell” the same aromas and “hear” the same sounds that you did during the event that you are describing.
You want to make sure that when writing a narrative essay that you find excellent topics to choose from. A list of excellent topic ideas can help you decide on what you want to write your narrative about or help you brainstorm some topics of your own. If you don’t find anything that jumps out at you while you are reading through this list, save it and come back to it later. That way you can consciously or subconsciously mull over them for a little while. When you come back, read the ideas out loud and see if something catches your attention this time around.
- Remember the first time you learned how to drive. How did it make you feel?
- Recount a time when you caught someone cheating. What was your reaction?
- When have your felt really alone and what did you do to try and soothe your pain?
- What did it feel like to have your first job?
- When did you know that you fell in love with your first love?
- Recount your favorite holiday memory. What made is so special?
- Write about a time when you were younger when you got lost.
- Tell the story of when you rode the school bus for the first time.
- Tell the story about when you first realized that your parents were real people.
- Tell the story of your first heartache.
- If you could have a do-over on any decision that you made in the past, what would it be?
- Where have you visited that you would love to live?
- Where is a special place where you feel safe?
- Is there something that you wish that you could have?
- What is the weirdest thing that you have ever seen?
Make sure to take some note and create an outline before you start writing your essay. Be sure to use a lot of detail that uses all of your senses. Choose one of these topics for your essay or create your own.