Composing A Solid Essay On How To Improve Public Transport
Your school days are going to be full of any number of writing assignments. Some of these may be quite unique, and writing about public transport is one. The topic isn’t that difficult and there are a few basic rules to follow in drafting a good essay.
- Try a Little Brainstorming. You want to write an interesting essay. Teachers do not wish to be bored, and a topic that is out of the ordinary will help your cause. Limit the possibilities to two or perhaps three. That way, if there is not enough research material for one topic, it can be replaced by another.
- Do a Draft First. Get your initial ideas down on paper. You can always embellish on these and maybe add a few more. The first draft is not going to be the one submitted, so you have the opportunity to test some ideas.
- Remember the Basic Structure. An essay has an Introduction, Body, and Conclusion. Each merits its own attention. The Introduction is where you capture the interest of the reader. The Body, perhaps three or four paragraphs in length, is where you give your ideas about improving public transport and supporting arguments, and the Conclusion is where all the loose ends are tied together and you give your final thoughts.
- Be as Specific as Possible. It means you appeal to logic and facts, not emotions.
- Craft the Words. A good essay will flow. The words you choose will make reading your composition delightful. Resist being too technical or stuffy. Mark Twain was read because his word choices were easy to understand and got the message across quickly. Keep that in mind and paint a picture with your sentences.
- Proofread and Revise. Have someone proof read your work and offer constructive criticism. Don’t take any of it personally. Revision is part of the art of writing, and so is editing. Be willing to do both before the final copy is handed in.
Public transport can be an interesting topic if you make it so. That requires writing a paper which is clear and easy to read. This type of subject is a challenge you can easily overcome. Moreover, the work helps create a writing discipline in you which will help in future assignments. You will be writing quite a bit in your school days on any number of topics. Let each assignment be an opportunity for you to become an even better writer.